The same way I helped build mega brands for music superstars including the Backstreet Boys, Melissa Etheridge, and Kiss, I built this groundbreaking author marketing platform with Blackstone to help my first novel policeman to connect emotionally with millions of people faster. – Rick Bleiweiss
NEW YORK (WEB PR)
January 25, 2022
Author, publishing executive and former music industry executive Rick Bleiweiss announces the upcoming release of his debut novel, “Sprocket Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (Blackstone Publishing, February 8, 2022, hardcover, e-book and audio book) which will use an innovative transmedia storytelling approach. While Hollywood blockbusters (“Harry Potter,” “Star Wars”) have marketed film franchises like this for decades, Bleiweiss’ disruptive approach to publishing is rare for authors. Fans will be able to engage with his historical detective story through a book, hidden object game app, theme song, book trailer, merchandise, custom graphics, author logo and a series of author interview podcasts, developed in collaboration with Blackstone.
“The same way I helped build mega brands for music superstars including the Backstreet Boys, Melissa Etheridge and Kiss, I designed this groundbreaking author marketing platform with Blackstone Publishing to help my first crime novel to emotionally connect with millions of fans much faster than most traditional book releases,” says Bleiweiss.
Fans of Sherlock Holmes (Conan Doyle) and Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie) will love the title character, Chief Inspector Pignon Scorbion and the cast of amateur sleuths who help him solve the crimes in the book – in a hairdresser.
For this first in a series historical fiction mystery set in 1910 during the “Downton Abbey” era, England in a fictional town called Haxford, Bleiweiss and Blackstone appeal to fans using multiple distribution channels, including :
1. Historical Fiction Mystery Novel – Readers and listeners can be entertained by this mystery novel in multiple formats, including hardcover, e-book, and audiobook, which can be pre-ordered now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart & Bookshop.org as well as through independent booksellers and others.
2. Scorbion Cog Game App – This hidden object game app based on the book is available for free in Apple App Store and Google Play App Store. The game includes 6 levels where users search for items that are elements of this mystery mystery novel. Once a user reaches level 5, they must enter an unlock code found in the book to continue.
3. Book Trailer – A one-minute trailer has been produced and is now posted on YouTube by the author and Blackstone Publishing to entice readers and fans with the backstory of this mystery novel.
4. Theme Song – As a former music producer and performer, Bleiweiss wrote and recorded a theme song to give a suspenseful tone and mood to the character and the book. Fans can hear the song in the book’s trailer video, audiobook, and on the author’s website.
5. Merchandising – Subscribers can purchase “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” t-shirts – the first merchandising item made available. Dog shirts and other items will be added as the book and series evolve.
6. Author’s Logo – To stand out as a unique brand in line with his “Gable Scorbion” series, Bleiweiss released a custom author’s logo with his initials and a hat silhouette – his trademark look. It is visible on the author’s website.
7. Chapter and Verse Video Series – Bleiweiss interviews many authors and industry professionals in a new YouTube video series called Chapter and Verse by Rick Bleiweiss. Guests from the publishing, television and film industries share anecdotes and career secrets behind the story as well as advice for budding authors.
And as head of publishing at Blackstone, Bleiweiss acquired the catalogs of acclaimed authors such as James Clavell (“Shogun”), Gregory McDonald (“Fletch”) and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, as well as books by numerous authors. hits, including Catherine Coulter, Heather Graham, PC Cast and Rex Pickett. Most of these latter authors are interviewed on his Chapter and Verse video series which adds to his overall multimedia experience and authorship brand.
Additionally, Bleiweiss will be seventy-seven when “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” comes out and hopes his pioneering approach to editing and storytelling will inspire others to never stop pursuing their dreams.
“Scorbion Sprocket and the Barber Shop Detectives”
BARNES AND NOBLE
LIBRARY point ORG
Liz Kelly, 310-987-7207
ABOUT: Rick Bleiweiss (New York, New York and Ashland, Oregon) is a GRAMMY-nominated author, publishing executive, former music industry executive and record producer, publishing his first novel, ” Scorbion Sprocket & The Barbershop Detectives” (February 8, 2022). Bleiweiss began his music career as a rock performer, producer of over fifty records, songwriter and senior record company executive in New York City. Bleiweiss has worked with music industry legends including Clive Davis, Melissa Etheridge, the Backstreet Boys, Kiss, U2, Whitney Houston, the BeeGees and many more. Since 2006, as a publishing executive, Bleiweiss has acquired works by best-selling and award-winning authors, including Rex Pickett (“Sideways”), James Clavell (“Shogun”), PC Cast (“House of Night”), Gabriel García Márquez (1982 Nobel Prize in Literature), Leon Uris (“Exodus”), Natasha Boyd (“The Indigo Girl”), Andrews & Wilson (“Tier One”) and Nicholas Sansbury Smith (“Hell Miscellaneous”), among others. In his latest creative endeavor, Rick crafted the historical mystery series “Pignon Scorbion” – blending his love of the past with the twisty delight of a thriller. As fun facts, the author created the first “Your Name in Lights on Broadway” promotion in Times Square, and was most influenced by his travels to England while developing his Sherlock Holmes-like character and the series of books “Gable Scorbion”. For the latest news, follow @rickbleiweissauthor on Instagram and/or visit https://www.rickbleiweiss.com