- Golden Rim Resources (GMR) Highlights Gold Anomalies in Bedrock of the Bereko Prospect within its Kada Project in Guinea
- The two main anomalies include the West Anomaly which spans 2.3 kilometers and returned a maximum gold value of 960 ppb gold
- The eastern anomaly comprises three zones with an anomaly in the northern zone spanning 1.2 kilometers and returned up to 580 ppb gold.
- GMR plans to use these results, along with those from RC drilling and geophysical work, to plan future exploration at Kada.
- Golden Rim shares end the day 7.69% in the red to close at six cents
Golden Rim Resources (GMR) has received the results of an infill auger drilling on the Kada gold project in Guinea.
All assays have now been received from the 218 hole drill program completed at the Bereko prospect which is seven kilometers north of the 930,000 ounce Massan prospect.
The drilling was aimed at penetrating the shallow laterite cover to collect a downhole sample of weathered bedrock from each hole.
The latest auger results include 390 parts per billion (ppb) gold, 700 ppb gold and 960 ppb gold. The company said these results confirm a number of north-south trending bedrock anomalies at Bereko over a 5.5 kilometer stretch.
The two main and most important auger anomalies found are the West and East anomalies. The West Anomaly spans 2.3 kilometers at Bereko with peak auger results of 960 and 830 ppb gold.
The Eastern Anomaly appears to include a northern, central and southern zone with a highly coherent anomaly in the northern zone that spans 1.2 kilometers. This anomaly returned a maximum value of 580 ppb of gold.
The auger anomalies extend from areas where recent reverse circulation (RC) drilling has uncovered high-grade and/or broad zones of oxide gold mineralization.
Previous RC results included 11 meters at 6.3 grams per tonne (g/t) gold, 10 meters at 5.6 g/t gold and 27 meters at 1.2 g/t gold.
The company plans to use the results of RC and auger drilling, as well as an ongoing geophysical survey, to design future exploration programs at Kada. This work will include follow-up drilling at Bereko and around the mineral resource area at Massan.
Shares of Golden Rim ended the day 7.69% in the red to close at six cents.